Howdy folks and welcome to week 4 of your Tumbleweed Farm CSA haul. We're thrilled that garlic scapes are making their seasonal debut this week along with the kale. I've got a killer za'atar kale chip recipe that I'll be sharing below and hope you all give it a try. The lettuce this week is big and beautiful and the radishes are crips and tender. This will be the last week for carrots for a while as we're now moving out of the greenhouse and waiting for the field carrots to mature so enjoy these puppies while we've got 'em!
The weather has been a little on the cool side these past few weeks and we're really in need of some heat to come our way so that our summer crops can start cranking. We've been happy with the rain that we've had but now it's time for things to heat up. Luckily, it's looking like next week the weather will warm up a bit and hopefully we'll see some growth in the fields.
In the meantime we hope you all enjoy your week four bounty. As always there are some recipes below to help you get through your box. We hope you all get to relax a bit this week and cook up some tasty meals with your family and friends.
Cheers from Tumbleweed Farm!
A & T
- Carrots (remove the greens and store separately in the fridge)
- Radishes (remove the greens and store separately in the fridge)
- Lettuce (store in a plastic bag in the fridge)
- Mustard Greens (store in a plastic bag in the fridge)
- Garlic scapes (store in a plastic bag in the fridge--the whole scape is edible)
- Kale (store in a plastic bag in the fridge)