And just like that, we made it to week 10! Time is starting to fly out here at the farm and the summer crops are cranking. The corn is taller than me and almost as tall as Taylor and should be making its seasonal debut in the next couple of weeks. The melons are sizing up and slowly starting to ripen, along with eggplant and peppers. This week we're happy to introduce the first succession of basil. We're also happy to have dill and carrots back in the mix along with the Walla Walla Sweet Onions. The zucchini continues to overflow the upper field and we're so happy to hear that a lot of you made the zucchini butter that we posted about last week and loved it. It really is the condiment that keeps us excited about zucchini all summer long.
Anyhow folks, we hope you have a wonderful week (despite the crazy heat) and continue to enjoy the summer harvest. And just a reminder to mark your calendars for the farm party on Saturday August 25th anytime after 4pm.
A & T
- Basil (keep at room temperature in a jar of water)
- Dill (keep in the fridge)
- Beets (remove greens and store in the fridge)
- Carrots (remove greens and store in the fridge)
- Walla Walla Sweet Onions (store in the fridge)
- Garlic (store in a cool dry place)
- Swiss Chard
- Head Lettuce